The original Post Office was constructed in1886, however the date of the existing building is unknown although Public Works Department records indicate repairs were carried out in 1895 and extensions to the building were made in 1912. The building underwent further alterations during 1966. The building has local and State historic and civic significance and is included on the Shire of Bridgetown-Greenbushes Municipal Inventory.
The Post Office received its mail by coach brought from Donnybrook however when the railway was extended in 1898, mail arrived by train twice a week. Current Australia Post operations are still carried out in these same premises.